The 9/11 Report reads very similarly to a novel. This was obviously a very¬†thoroughly¬† thought-out decision, but what was its importance? I live and breathe books, but unfortunately not ‘intellectual books.’ I live for fictional stories that take me to another world and another time, somewhere so I can forget about my hectic life, at least for a few hours. Therefore, my opinion of novels is that they are very detached. Although they are detailed, and you can feel like you are a part of that world, you are not and you can always be assured that real life is waiting for you. However, the 9/11 Report reads that way, and yet its subject is something so close to Americans that it seems¬†nondetachable. Writing it in such a detailed manner makes it excruciatingly painful and way, way too close. I cannot decide whether this intentional decision was a good one, or a very bad one. On one side, the ‘novel appeal’ makes it easier to read, and therefore gets the necessary information across, but again it seems almost too painful. Just thought I would put this idea out there for discussion; so what do you think? Was it a good decision or a bad decision, and why?