I don’t generally judge a book by it’s cover, but I definitely judge them by their titles.

I really wanted to at least mention this book to everyone. I don’t know how many of you have heard about it, but this summer I definitely plan to read Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCaan. McCaan has addressed 9/11 by going back in time to Phillippe Petit’s 1974 tightrope walk across the Two Towers. I highly recomment watching at least half of this inverview with McCaan, because it’s awesome and inspiring.

Also, here’s a preview of the book.

ps.  you have to watch the interview to fully understand the title of this post 🙂

3 Responses to ““Burning from the inside””

1. Jenny Mix says:

That title does sound quite intriguing and like something I’d read.

Did you know there’s a movie ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1155592/ ) of sorts about this? I, personally, haven’t seen it but my parents went when it came out in theaters. If I remember correctly they like it a lot, but again, I didn’t watch it myself.

I find it interesting, however, that the documentary came out before the book. Did the author get inspiration from the movie? If so, I find it pretty ironic that the book would be based on the movie.

2. kappel15 says:

The author didn’t mention the movie! This book and that documentary are just two different ways of looking at that event, I would say.

• Jenny Mix says:

Very interesting. It would be fun to read and watch and compare. You’d be an expert on Phillippe Petit.